Where is Newark Airport Located?
The Newark Liberty International Airport is located at 3 Brewster Rd, Newark, NJ 07114. Our EWR parking facility is only a five-minute drive from Newark Airport so no matter when your flight is, you won’t have to go far to catch it. Here’s a little information about the airport we’re so familiar with:
Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) opened in 1928 and was originally named Newark Metropolitan Airport, then changed to Newark International Airport. It wasn’t until 2002 that the airport added “Liberty” to its name to reference the Statue of Liberty seven miles to the east and to honor the victims of the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- EWR is one of the busiest airports in the country, often handling more passengers than New York’s La Guardia Airport and Pennsylvania’s Philadelphia Airport.
- EWR is the third-largest hub in the country for United Airlines.
- Newark Airport was the first major airport in the United States.
- During World War II, EWR was operated by the Army Air Corps.
- United Airlines Flight 93 departed from Newark Airport on September 11th, 2001 and later crashed into a field in Shanksville, PA when the passengers attempted to take over the plane from hijackers. A flag still flies over the gate it pushed back from.
- The airport has three terminals – two were built in 1973 and the other in 1988.
Parking Near EWR
Because Newark Airport is one of the busiest in the country, Newark Airport parking can be a hassle. There are currently three lots for daily parking, two lots for short-term parking, and one lot for long-term parking. Each type of parking is priced differently and especially when it comes to long-term parking, can get expensive.
With our EWR parking facility, you won’t have to worry about finding a parking space or having to lug your belongings across the lot. With our 24/7 shuttles, you’ll be dropped off and picked up right at your terminal, so no matter what time your flight arrives or departs at, you’ll have a ride.