Chicago, IL – Travel Destination
Courtesy of Our Newark Airport Parking Company
Chicago, Illinois is one of the largest cities in the US, and it’s well worth a visit. The Windy City is located on Lake Michigan, and it has a smorgasbord of things to experience. World-class museums, restaurants and a thriving nightclub scene will keep you entertained, though travelers in the know love to explore the unique neighborhoods. The next time you fly out of Newark Airport to Chicago be sure to check out some of the following attractions, courtesy of our Newark Airport parking company.
Main Attractions in Chicago, IL
- Millennium Park: No visit to Chicago is complete unless you visit Millennium Park. It has 24.5 acres of luscious green space and is known for the modern sculptures dotted throughout the grounds and the stunning Crown Fountain. During warm months be sure to catch an outdoor concert at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion or explore Lurie Garden.
- Lincoln Park Zoo: Located in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, the Lincoln Park Zoo is internationally renowned for the dozens of species housed there. This includes sloths, hippos and reptiles. Be sure to check out the Regenstein Center for African Apes. The best part is that the zoo has no admission fees!
- The Art Institute of Chicago: This world-famous museum is known for its impressionist and post-impressionist art and has over 300,000 works in its permanent collection. They also have an extensive collection of interior design and furnishings from all around the globe.
- North Avenue Beach: This is the most popular beach in Chicago, and during the warmer months it is a fabulous place to catch some rays or go swimming in Lake Michigan.
- Navy Pier: Jutting out into Lake Michigan, the Navy Pier is a major draw for tourists and locals. Ride the ferris wheel, play 18 holes of mini-golf or check out the Chicago Children’s Museum.
Things to Do in Chicago, Illinois
- Go shopping on The Magnificent Mile: Some of the best shopping in the world can be found on this stretch of Michigan Avenue. Luxury retailers such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus have gorgeous stores there, plus there are plenty of excellent restaurants and cafes.
- Watch a baseball game at Wrigley Field: Enthusiastic baseball fans love to watch the Chicago Cubs play here. It was built in 1914 and is the second oldest major league baseball park in the US.
- Laugh out loud at The Second City: This comedy institution is world famous for sketch comedy. This is where major celebrities like Bill Murray, Stephen Colbert and Tina Fey got their start in the world of comedy.
- Enjoy the view at Skydeck Chicago: Over 2 million visitors venture to the 103rd floor of the Willis Tower to take in the amazing view. Willis Tower is the second tallest building in North America, and on a clear day you can see all the way to both Michigan and Indiana.
- Take a Chicago Crime Tour: Chicago has a delightfully checkered past that features notorious gangsters like John Dillinger and Al Capone. This bus tour highlights the exploits of these mobsters and explores the history of the city.
When to Visit Chicago, IL
Chicago is known for its bitter winters, so the best times to visit are in April and May, and September and October. These months are warm, and the crowds will not be as intense as they are during the summer. The summer months are the most popular time to visit, but you will find the crowds are less manageable and that hotel rates and airfare are at their highest.
Choose Our Newark Airport Parking Location
When flying out of EWR for your next vacation be sure to choose the premier Newark Airport parking service trusted by thousands of loyal customers. Newark Airport Long Term Parking provides secure and affordable Newark Airport parking along with other services tailored to meet every traveler’s needs. Here’s what you can expect on your next trip to Chicago.
- Awesome Newark Airport Parking Rates: We offer the best airport parking rates, and our LTP Club can help you save even more money. It is a free program we offer to our customers that awards them with exclusive discounts and offers points that can be redeemed for free Newark Airport parking days.
- Excellent Security: Parking at Newark Airport is both expensive and risky. We take great pride in protecting your vehicle, and we monitor our lot 24 hours a day with both a high-tech video surveillance system and sturdy fencing.
- Short or Long Term Newark Airport Parking: Whether you are planning a long weekend away or are spending a month abroad, NALTP offers both short and long term Newark Airport parking solutions to fit your needs.
- Self and Valet Parking: At Newark Airport Long Term Parking, we cater to every type of traveler so whether you prefer to park your own car or enjoy the luxury of valet parking we can help.
- Car Maintenance Services: While you are exploring The Windy City, we can detail your car or give it an oil change. We offer a full menu of vehicle maintenance services to simplify your life.
- Electric Vehicle Charging: We use ChargePoint electric car charging stations so you can return home from Chicago to a fully charged car.
- Text Pick-Up: Instead of waiting for us to pick you up from EWR, just shoot us a text and we will dispatch a shuttle to come get you and deliver you to your vehicle.
Make an online reservation with us today for your Newark Airport parking needs and enjoy an amazing trip to Chicago!