Fort Lauderdale, FL – Travel Destination
Courtesy of Our Newark Airport Parking Company
Nothing screams fun in the sun more than Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It is located on the southeastern coast of the sunshine state, north of Miami. This beautiful city is famous for its incredible beaches and the beautiful canals that crisscross the area. Because of its location, people often vacation here in the winter months when it’s balmy and warm in south Florida. There’s a lot more to Fort Lauderdale than just visit the beach. Here’s a selection of activities for you to enjoy if you’re flying from EWR to Fort Lauderdale, courtesy of our Newark Airport parking company.
Main Attractions in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Fort Lauderdale Beach: Fort Lauderdale Beach is the primary tourist attraction, and it’s well worth the visit. The beach is pristine, and it’s lined by a boardwalk filled with shops and hotels. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Las Olas Boulevard: Las Olas Boulevard snakes through the downtown area alongside the New River, ending at Las Olas Beach. It’s lined with opulent mansions along the intercoastal highway and luxury retailers.
- Everglades Holiday Park: Enjoy live shows featuring alligators and other reptiles that live in the Everglades. You can also tour the Everglades on an airboat to learn firsthand about this fascinating ecosystem.
- The Museum of Discovery and Science: View prehistoric fossils of reptiles and other native Florida wildlife or enjoy the countless other exhibits that both teach and entertain. One of the most popular features of the museum is the IMAX theater which screens both nature and feature films year-round.
- Butterfly World: The largest butterfly park in the world is definitely worth a visit. It is home to over 20,000 butterflies and many varieties of exotic birds. The park itself is filled with waterfalls and botanical gardens.
Things to Do in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Take a Boat Tour: Carrie B Cruises conducts hour and a half long tours of the Intracoastal Waterway and The New River. It floats down Millionaires Row along Los Olas Boulevard and is a great way to sneak a peek into the lives of the rich and famous.
- Watch the Races at Gulfstream Park: First opened in 1939, the Gulfstream Park racetrack is open year-round, and the admission is free. If you’ve never seen horse race, this is the place to do it.
- Shop at Sawgrass Mills: Sawgrass is the largest outlet mall in the United States. It has over 350 stores, including Tory Burch, Prada and Jimmy Choo. Locals know this is the place to find designer goods at bargain prices.
- Gamble at The Seminole Hard Rock Casino: With over 2,000 slot machines, The Seminole Hard Rock Casino is a gamblers paradise. If you aren’t interested in games of chance, they also feature live shows and fine dining.
- Eat Like a Pirate: Enjoy locally caught seafood at Pirate Republic Seafood Restaurant. The menu is a combination of Mediterranean and Caribbean dishes and the venue features live music and excellent drinks.
When to Visit Fort Lauderdale, FL
For optimum conditions it’s best to visit Fort Lauderdale, FL from December through April. The temperatures run between the 50s and the 80s during these months. There’s a chance of crowds as many folks choose this time of year to visit, including retirees who winter in Florida. While you might have fewer crowds during other times of the year, the weather can get sticky. You’ll especially want to avoid visiting during hurricane season, which runs from June through November.
Choose Our Newark Airport Parking Location
For your next trip choose the best Newark Airport parking facility that prides itself on providing excellent services and security at affordable rates. Newark Airport Long Term Parking is trusted by thousands of travelers and here are a few reasons why.
- The Best Newark Airport Parking Rates: In addition to receiving the best daily parking rates, our Newark Airport parking customers also can join the LTP Club and save even more. Membership is free, and members receive exclusive discounts and earn points they can redeem for free parking days.
- Parking Security: Unlike parking at EWR, our lot is surrounded by sturdy fencing and monitored by our high-tech video surveillance system. The facility is also patrolled by our employees. Secure Newark Airport parking allows you to enjoy your trip without worrying over the safety of your vehicle.
- Versatile: Both long term and shorter stays are available at our off-site Newark Airport parking lot. You may also choose to self-park your car or opt for our valet service. Whatever option you choose, know that your vehicle will be in capable hands.
- Vehicle Maintenance Services: While you enjoy your vacation, we can also provide valuable vehicle maintenance services for you. In addition to providing Newark Airport parking, we can also give your vehicle an oil-change, hand wash or detail. Electric cars can also be charged and ready to go when you come back from your trip.
Book your reservation today with Newark Airport Long Term Parking and have a great time visiting Fort Lauderdale!