Courtesy of Our Newark Airport Parking Company
Atlanta, Georgia is known as The Empire City of The South because of its tremendous cultural influence and popularity. Atlanta has a lot to offer, with an array of activities to choose from. World-class museums, fine dining and a vibrant nightlife keep tourists coming back year after year. Top attractions include the Centennial Olympic Park, the Fox Theatre and the World of Coca-Cola. Here are a few things to experience while in Atlanta on your next trip, courtesy of our Newark Airport parking company.
Main Attractions in Atlanta, GA
- Centennial Olympic Park: Created for the 1996 Summer Olympics, Centennial Olympic Park is now one of the top tourist destinations in Atlanta. It has a unique fountain that’s interactive and looks like the Olympic rings. If you are bringing a child, or are a child at heart, be sure to ride the air-conditioned Ferris Wheel.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Historic Site: The site is composed of several buildings that include the civil rights leader’s boyhood home and the church where he and his father preached. It plays host to several important events throughout the year, especially during Black History Month.
- The Fox Theatre: It’s the premier theater of Atlanta and is stunning to behold. You don’t necessarily need to see a show to tour the Moorish influenced theater, though it’s highly recommended.
- The CNN Center: Tour the building that houses the popular news network. It’s attached to the Centennial Olympic Park and the Philips Arena. Be sure to visit the television studios while you’re there and watch your favorite anchors at work.
- Georgia Aquarium: It’s the largest aquarium in the western hemisphere and is home to thousands of species. A must-see is the whale shark, also known as the world’s largest fish.
Things to Do in Atlanta, Georgia
- Enjoy a Picnic in Piedmont Park: Sprawling over 200 acres, Piedmont Park is the best place to spend a lazy afternoon in Atlanta’s version of Central Park. It is also home to various music festivals, so enjoy a concert too.
- Go shopping at Ponce City Market: Home to shops, restaurants and coffee shops, the Ponce City Market was once the headquarters of Sears & Roebuck. It also has a beer garden on the roof, as well as skee-ball and a mini-golf course.
- Take Salsa Lessons at Sanctuary Nightclub: Every week there are free salsa lessons at Sanctuary, where they’re also known for their wickedly good margaritas.
- Watch a Baseball Game: Home of the Atlanta Braves, SunTrust Park is a popular destination for baseball fans. Not interested in baseball, but your partner is? Go next door to the Atlanta Battery and enjoy a mani-pedi while they enjoy a game.
- Go kayaking on the Chattahoochee River: Outdoor enthusiasts love the Chattahoochee River National Recreation area. You can go tubing down the river, or hike miles of trails.
When to Visit Atlanta, GA
The best time of year to visit Atlanta is during the Spring. The months of March through May feature mild weather. Many of the city’s outdoor festivals and activities take place during these months. The summer is much hotter and more humid, and hotel rates skyrocket from June through August. Autumn is very pleasant, with temperatures hovering in the 70s, while winter can get chilly, though they experience little snowfall.
Choose Our Newark Airport Parking Location
Instead of paying the high rates and dealing with the minimal security that comes along with parking at EWR, choose the best Newark airport parking service, Newark Airport Long Term Parking. There are excellent reasons to stay with us while you are exploring Atlanta, GA.
- Safe & Secure Newark Airport Parking: The lots at EWR are lacking in security, unlike our Newark Airport parking facility. Your vehicle will be surrounded by sturdy fencing, plus the lot is monitored 24 hours a day by our high-tech surveillance system. Enjoy your trip knowing your car is safe and secure.
- The LTP Club Offers Discounted Newark Airport Parking: Our loyal customers know that enrolling in the LTP Club offers excellent savings on Newark Airport parking. It’s free to join, and members are guaranteed the best daily rates. Every time you park at our facility, you’ll also earn points for free parking days!
- Convenient Newark Airport Parking: Long or short term Newark Airport parking options are available to accommodate everyone’s needs. When you get back from your trip all you have to do is text us and we’ll pick you up at your terminal.
- Electric Car Charging: We have electric car charging stations by Charge Point available for our environmentally aware drivers. When you arrive back from your Atlanta vacation, your car will be fully charged and ready to go.
- Vehicle Maintenance Services: Our Newark Airport parking facility has a full menu of maintenance services we can perform while you are enjoying your Atlanta vacation. These include oil changes, car detailing, and even filling up your gas tank so you don’t have to worry about it.
When booking a flight, make your parking reservation with Newark Airport Long Term Parking. We look forward to serving you!