Charlotte, NC – Travel Destination
Courtesy of Our Newark Airport Parking Company
Known for being a center for banking, there is a lot more going on in Charlotte, NC than the financial sector. In the lush Piedmont of North Carolina, Charlotte also has a thriving arts community and is home to the Carolina Panthers and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. While you are enjoying the attractions, you will love the vast array of restaurants, nightclubs, and shopping, plus they have fun activities for the younger members of your family. Here are some recommendations on places to go while visiting Charlotte, NC courtesy of our Newark Airport parking company.
Main Attractions in Charlotte, NC
- Carowinds: Located just outside of Charlotte on the border of South Carolina, Carowinds has 14 rollercoasters, live shows and a 12 acre theme park. Next door to Carowinds is Carolina Harbor, a fun-filled water park that is the perfect way to cool off on those hot North Carolina days.
- NASCAR Hall of Fame: Race fans will love this amazing interactive attraction devoted to the history of this unique sport. Experience the thrill of racing in their 278 seat theater and learn more about racing with their collection of historical artifacts.
- Carolina Raptor Center: Dedicated to the preservation of birds of prey, the Carolina Raptor Center is a fascinating museum. 25 species of eagles, owls, hawks and vultures call this 57 acre site home.
- U.S. National Whitewater Center: Located ten minutes outside of the city is a 1300 acre complex that has some of the best rapids in the world to go rafting on. In fact, this is where the U.S. Olympic teams train. You can also bike the trails and swing from the trees in this must-visit outdoor park.
- Bechtler Museum of Modern Art: Charlotte, NC also has an exceptional modern art museum with works by Picasso and Warhol. Many of the displays were held in private collections for years, so this is the first time the public has viewed them.
Things to Do in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Laugh your head off on The Funny Bus: This 90 minute bus tour of the Queen City is BYOB, and your tour guide is a comedian. Learn about local neighborhoods the fun way on this PG-13 tour of Charlotte.
- Catch a show at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center: Touring Broadway shows such as Wicked and Hamilton are regularly performed, and live comedy and musical acts.
- Explore Reed Gold Mine: Pan for gold at Reed, located 20 miles outside of town. The first documented gold in the United States was found here in the 18th century. Tour the underground mines and sift for gold, plus explore the adjacent Stamp Mill.
- Dine on Armenian food at Ararat 17: While southern food reigns supreme in the Queen City, it is also home to international cuisines too. Enjoy hummus, kabobs and sweet gata at Ararat 17 and learn more about Armenian culture too.
- Watch the Carolina Panthers: This popular NFL team plays at the Bank of America Stadium in Uptown. Since 1995 they have played in a pair of Super Bowls and won their division 6 times.
When to Visit Charlotte, NC
The best times of year to visit Charlotte are March through May, and September through November. Though the city is beautiful year-round, the summer months are very humid and muggy. Hotel rates are also pricey during the summer, so visiting in the fall and spring will be easier on your wallet. No matter when you travel to Charlotte, there is sure to be something to love. Tourist attractions are open year-round thanks to the warmer climate of this southern city.
Choose Our Newark Airport Parking Location
Newark Airport Long Term Parking offers the best value for travelers flying out of EWR. Our daily Newark Airport parking rates are the best, plus our customer service can’t be beaten. Here are a few reasons why you should park with us.
- LTP Club: We guarantee the best parking rates for our members, plus they earn points redeemable in free parking days. Monitor your receipts and reservations from our club’s app and arrange for easy pickups and check-outs straight from your phone. Membership is free!
- Top-Notch Security: Parking at EWR isn’t the most secure option for Newark Airport parking. It is not only pricey, but it’s also unsupervised. Our lot is surrounded by sturdy fencing and is monitored around the clock by a high-tech surveillance system. Enjoy your trip while we watch your car.
- Electric Car Charging: Electric vehicles are welcome here. We use ChargePoint charging stations for our eco-friendly drivers who use our Newark Airport parking facility.
- Car Maintenance Services: While you are traveling, we can fill your tank up with gas, change the oil and detail your vehicle. We have a full menu of services and exceptional staff to take care of your car while you are enjoying your trip.
- Long or Short Term Newark Airport Parking: No matter how long your trip is, you can park with us for as long as you like. You can also choose to self-park your car or take advantage of our valet parking services.
- Text Pickup Service: Instead of waiting around the airport for a ride, just shoot us a text and we will rush over to pick you up.
We look forward to taking care of your vehicle while you enjoy your trip to Charlotte, NC. Make an online reservation today and discover why we are known as the All-Stars of Newark Airport parking!