Houston, TX – Travel Destination
Courtesy of Our Newark Airport Parking Company
Houston, TX is the fourth largest city in the United States and is a vacationer’s dream. Located near the Gulf of Mexico, it’s a sprawling city with world-class museums and a thriving art community. You will find some of the best shopping in the world here, plus excellent dining and entertainment. While it’s best known for its powerful oil industry, there is much more to this Texas city. Check out some of these attractions on your next vacation to Houston, courtesy of your Newark Airport parking company.
Main Attractions in Houston, TX
- Space Center Houston – The space center is a top attraction, with millions of visitors annually. It has over 400 artifacts related to the US space program, and fun interactive modules. NASA Mission Control also provides tours to the Johnson Space Center, where numerous manned flights into outer space were launched.
- Museum of Fine Arts – The MFAH houses an impressive collection of art, including paintings by Monet and Memling. Over a million people tour the museum every year to enjoy their outstanding collection of Roman sculptures and savor a meal in their highly rated cafe.
- Armand Bayou Nature Center – As the largest urban wilderness preserve in the United States, the nature center is home to 370 species of animals and reptiles. These include alligators, armadillos and eagles. It’s located 26 miles south of Houston and has stunning wetlands and prairies.
- Houston Zoo – The zoo houses over 6,000 animals, including a collection of rare albino reptiles. They have a fabulous kid’s interactive section, a water-play park, plus hands-on giraffe feedings.
- Galveston – No trip to Houston is complete without a day trip to Galveston. Located on the gulf, Galveston is a barrier island in Galveston Bay. Enjoy miles of pristine beaches and an amusement park on the pier.
Things to Do in Houston, Texas
- Go ice skating at The Galleria – One of the premier shopping malls in the country is also home to an indoor skating rink. Drop the kids off while shopping at Neiman Marcus, or strap on some skates and join in the fun.
- Watch the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park – Baseball fans love Minute Maid Park. It’s one of the few enclosed baseball stadiums in the world, and the air conditioning is a welcome relief from the Texas heat.
- Explore Street Art – Houston is covered in street art, with vibrant murals painted on brick walls throughout the downtown area. Many of them were painted by international artists commissioned by the city.
- Attend a Concert at White Oak Music Hall – This venue is unique. It has both an indoor theater and a 2,000 capacity open-air lawn. White Oak is a favorite of local music acts and indie bands.
- Spend the Day Exploring the Museum District – More than 20 museums are found here, including the Contemporary Museum of Art and the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Many offer free admission days, so call ahead to plan an inexpensive outing.
When to Visit Houston, TX
Houston, TX can be unbearably hot in the summer, so smart travelers visit between February and April, and September through November. Temperatures during these months range from the mid-60s through the lower 80s. Although if you’re looking for the best hotel rates, we’d suggest visiting during the summer. The winter months are chilly, but snowfall is a rare occurrence.
Choose Our Newark Airport Parking Location
Savvy travelers flying out of EWR know that our Newark Airport parking service is the best. Newark Airport Long Term Parking provides excellent services at affordable prices. Here are just a few reasons why you should park with us during your trip to Houston, TX.
- Convenient Newark Airport Parking – Customers may park here for a weekend trip or for a lengthier stay while touring the Lone Star State. We offer both self-parking and valet parking depending on your preference.
- Earn Free Newark Airport Parking – Save even more on our discounted Newark Airport parking rates by joining the LTP Club. Membership is free, and members receive exclusive discounted rates. They also earn points that can be redeemed for free Newark Airport parking days and car care services. Download our app to your smartphone for even more convenience. You can access your receipts and reservations and keep track of points earned.
- Secure Newark Airport Parking – Why risk parking at the unsupervised onsite parking lots at Newark Airport when you can travel knowing your car is safe in our secure lot? Newark Airport Long Term Parking lot is surrounded by sturdy fencing and it’s monitored by a high-tech video surveillance system 24 hours a day.
- Car Maintenance Services – Our Newark Airport parking location is proud to offer a full range of car care services to make your life easier. This include oil changes, car detailing and gas refills. Wouldn’t it be nice to return home from Houston to a spotless car with a full tank of gas?
- Eco-Friendly Electric Vehicle Charging – Many of our Newark Airport parking customers are switching to electric vehicles. While you are enjoying a well-deserved vacation, we can charge your car at our EV charging stations.
- Text For Pick Up Service – When you return from your trip all you need to do is shoot us a text and we will pick you up at EWR. No phone call needed.
Make a reservation in advance and we’ll save a spot for you during your trip to Houston, Texas.